|When:||Back to Calendar » December 31, 1969 @ 5:00 pm|
|Where:||The Big Ditch area
|✔ Add to Calendar Add to Google Calendar|
|Categories:||Art Crafts Education/Adults Festival Food Music|
The event will include music, educational tours, historical reenactors, conservation demonstrations, and the Farmers’ Market.
Local arts, crafts, and food
Local artists and inventors will display their contraptions, inventions, and innovations in Silver City’s 1st Annual Maker’s Fair! Set-up 6:30-8:00am, Big Ditch Park.
LIVE MUSIC in Big Ditch Park
o Joe & Danny, 8:30 – 9:45 am
o Alan Spragens, 10:00 – 11:15 am
o Greg Renfro, 11:30 am – 12:45 pm
o Gravel Road, 1:00 – 2:15 pm.
- · Rolling Rivers Watershed Trailer: 9:00am-2:00pm, 6th Street, at Silver City Co-Op’s Parking Lot.
- “The Flood Season: How Silver City’s Main Street Became the Big Ditch” Silver City Museum Exhibit: 10:00am-4:00pm, 312 W Broadway. The exhibit will reopen in an upstairs gallery at the museum in time for Big Ditch Day! The exhibit features photographs and eyewitness and newspaper accounts from the many floods experienced by Silver City, along with the primary incidents and natural factors connected to the formation of Silver City’s Big Ditch.
- · Silver City Farmer’s Market: 8:30am – noon, featuring Bayou Seco 9:00am – noon and the Squash Derby with Grant County Extension 9:00am – noon
- · Silver City Watershed Keepers, Summer Water-Monitoring Event: 9:00am-11:00am, meet up at Big Ditch Park, near Farmer’s Market Stairwell. Join GRIP’s OSM/VISTA, Claire Catlett, and NMED-SWQB’s Dave Menzie in water quality monitoring at the San Vicente Creek.
- GRIP—GCEC Nature Crafts & Puppet Making: 8:30am-12:00pm, Big Ditch Park.
- Monsoon Puppet Theater Parade, “The Flood of Innovation”: puppet gathering at 10:30am, at the Silver City Farmers Market (Bullard and 7th Streets, at Yada Yada Yarn) to prepare puppets. Parade starts at high-noon, 12:00pm, from Farmers Market, Giant Puppet Play to follow!
- San Vicente Ecology Hike, with Dave Menzie: 12:00pm-1:00pm, meet up at Big Ditch Park, near Farmer’s Market Stairwell.
· Big Ditch Centennial Legacy Signage Unveiling: 2:00pm, Murray Ryan Visitors Center
Vendors must supply their own tables, chairs, and canopies if desired. 10’ x 10’ spaces will be pre-assigned. Unloading will be 6:30– 8 am on July 21 after which vehicle access will not be allowed. You should be ready for the public by 8:30 am and plan to stay until at least 2 pm. Fee per space: $20, Commercial and $10, Nonprofit, Space size: 10×10.To apply as a vendor: forms can be found at Silver City MainStreet, 213 N. Bullard, and need to be returned by July 14.